Master's Degree in Statistics and Economics - University of National and World Economy, Sofia.
Employed at the National Statistical Institute since 1986, holding various expert positions. Head of the Consumer Prices, Housing prices and Purchasing Power Parities Department since January, 2008.
Fluent in English.
The ‘Consumer Prices, Housing Prices and PPP’ Department (CPHP&PPP) shall perform the following activities:
1. implement the activity of construction, production and distribution of the national Consumer Price Index (CPI), the Harmonized Consumer Price Index (HICP) and the Price Index of the ‘Small Basket’ (PISB);
2. implement the activity on construction, production and dissemination of Housing price indices (HPI) and Owner-Occupied Housing Indices (OOHI) as well as housing sales indicators (HSI);
3. develop and improve the methodology and tools of statistical surveys of consumer prices and market prices of dwellings and the methodology for calculating the indices of their change, ensuring their harmonization with the requirements of Eurostat;
4. develop and improve the methodology and tools of statistical surveys of the prices of new and existing dwellings; services related to the acquisition and ownership of housing; and the insurances related to the home and the methodology for calculating the indices of their change, ensuring their harmonization with the requirements of Eurostat;
5. calculate Purchasing Power Parities (PPP) by analyzing the sources and methods applicable to the calculation of PPP; collect and provide Eurostat with basic statistical information for the calculation of PPP;
6. organize and conduct statistical surveys of consumer prices, carry out processing, production and dissemination of the statistical information on consumer price indices and inflation;
7. organize and conduct statistical surveys on housing prices, perform processing, production and publication of statistics on housing price indices;
8. be liable for the operational planning and reporting of statistical research in the specified areas in accordance with the implementation of the National Statistical Program, the Annual Plan for the activities of the NSI, the Eurostat Data Provision Program and Bulgaria's commitments under signed international treaties;
9. elaborate analytical materials in the field of statistics on consumer prices and statistics on housing prices;
10. prepare informational materials related to the preparation of statistical publications, the NSI’s site, the information service for general public, state authorities, as well as in accordance with international contracts for provision of information;
11. participate in elaboration, maintenance and updating the statistical classifications used in the field of consumer prices and housing prices statistics;
12. participate in the work of working groups, national and international meetings and seminars in the field of consumer prices and housing prices statistics;
13. implement methodological leadership and co-ordination of the work on preparation of national statistical data for international comparisons of PPPs, relative price levels and macroeconomic indicators in accordance with the European Comparisons Program (ECP);
14. organize the preparation and conducting of specialized price surveys within the framework of the partnership with European countries, RSOs and external experts;
15. jointly with Eurostat organize and co-ordinate the preparation of national statistical information necessary for calculation of correction coefficients in accordance with the Regulation on the payment of European officials in the various countries;
16. participate in the work on the preparation of programs, and strategies in the process of harmonization with international statistical standards as a regular member of the Eurostat working groups ‘Purchasing Power Parities’ and ‘Article 64 of the Regulation on the Remuneration of European Officials’;