Masters degree in Economics, specialty “Finance and Banking” – Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski“.
Employed at the National Statistical Institute since 2005, holding various expert and subsequently management positions in Financial National Accounts Department.
Fluent in English (excellent) and Russian (average).
The ‘Financial National Accounts’ Department (FNA) shall perform the following activities:
1. develop preliminary and final annual data on the surplus/deficit and debt of the "General Government" sector - Notification tables and Questionnaire to them;
2. develop statistical data in the field of financial national accounts according to EU Council Regulation No. 479/2009 on the implementation of the Protocol on the Excessive Deficit Procedure and EU Council Regulation No. 679/2010 amending EU Council Regulation No. 479 /2009 regarding the quality of statistical data in the context of the excessive deficit procedure;
3. develop quarterly and annual financial national accounts for stocks and transactions, for revaluations and other changes in assets and liabilities by financial instruments and institutional sectors on a non-consolidated and consolidated basis;
4. develop data on taxes and social security - assets and flows based on time-shifted and cash method (assets and liabilities);
5. develop fiscal data for the ‘Central Government’ and "Social Security Funds" subsectors;
6. develop non-financial indicators and basic macroeconomic indicators for the “General Government” sector at the national level;
7. perform a review of the institutional classification of statistical units, included in the ‘General Government’ sector;
8. take responsibility for the operational planning and statistical research reporting in the specified areas in accordance with the implementation of the National Statistical Program, the Annual Plan for the NSI, the Eurostat Data Provision Program and the commitments of Bulgaria under signed international treaties;
9. implement international exchange of statistical information with Eurostat in the field of financial statistics - statistical reports and questionnaires, and respond for the application of the methodology in the field of financial statistics in accordance with the principles of the European System of Accounts;
10. coordinate the activity for ensuring the control and quality of data on financial statistics, participate in target groups and expert missions of national and international bodies and organizations in the field of financial statistics, participate in an interdepartmental working group together with the Bulgarian National Bank and the Ministry of Finance for development, production and distribution of state financial statistics and financial national accounts and prepare opinions in the field of financial statistics;
11. if necessary, request additional information from other structural units of NSI for the provision of sufficient and reliable information for the purposes of financial national accounts and financial statistics;