Graduated Varna Free University “Chernorizets Hrabar”, Master’s degrees in Arts and Humanities.
He has been working at the NSI since 2006 (with a break between February 2007 and December 2008).
Fluent in English and Turkish.
The Regional Statistics and Geographical Information Department (RSMI) shall perform the following activities:
1. ensures the implementation of the relevant part of the National Statistical Programme (NSP) by organizing and conducting statistical surveys in the following thematic areas:
a) regional statistics - characteristics of regions, districts and municipalities; statistics on disasters, accidents of a large scale, accidents and crises that have occurred;
b) territorial surveys - administrative-territorial division; land use distribution; population density;
2. is responsible for operational planning and reporting of statistical surveys and activities included in the NSP, for the thematic areas specified in point 1;
3. prepares and distributes informational products in the specified areas, as well as products produced by merging statistical and spatial data;
4. prepares analyses, analytical reports, methodological developments, propositions and opinions in the specified thematic areas;
5. maintains and enriches sets of spatial data necessary for the production of integrated statistical information and the provision of specialized information services dealing with spatial data;
6. carries out the international exchange of information with Eurostat and the statistical departments of international organizations in the field of regional statistics, crisis events and spatial data;
7. participates in maintaining the Classification of Territorial Units for Statistical Purposes in Bulgaria (NUTS) and the nomenclatures with territorial typologies for Bulgaria, according to European legislation;
8. coordinates the activities in NSI related to the fulfilment of commitments under the Law on access to spatial data and Directive 2007/2/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of March 14, 2007, on the creation of an infrastructure for spatial information in the European Community (INSPIRE);
9. participates in institutional and inter-institutional working groups, projects and initiatives related to providing information and opinions on the following topics: spatial data, merging statistical and geographic information, disaster risk management and other topics of competence.