The National Statistical Institute annual edition Employment and Unemployment – annual data 2008 is available to the users of statistical information.
The bilingual (Bulgarian-English) publication presents annual average data from the Labour Force Survey. The survey is a sample statistical survey on households for examination of the economic activity of the population aged 15 years and over.
The methodology of the survey has been developed according to ILO and Eurostat recommendations.
The publication contains:
1. Methodological notes - main concepts and definitions, used in the survey.
2. Tables with average annual data for the 2003 - 2008 period.
3. Detailed data for 2008:
• Economic activity of the population by sex, age, place of residence, education, marital status;
- By professional status;
- By economic activity groupings;
- By occupational classes;
- Full/part time employed by sex and by sector;
- Employees by type of contract.
- Duration of unemployment;
- Methods of job search;
- Existence of previous employment experience and reason of leaving the last job.
• Persons not in the labour force:
- By age, place of residence and sex;
- By reason of inactivity;
- Discouraged persons by sex, age, level of education.
• Economic activity of the population by planning regions and districts.
4. International data for the second quarter of 2008.
The publication is available as a printed edition and on CD-ROM.
Price (including mailing costs):
- printed edition - EUR 19
- electronic edition - EUR 11
- printed issue + CD ROM - EUR 25
Prices include VAT.
The issue could be ordered at the following address:
National Statistical Institute
2, Panayot Volov St.
phone: +359 2 9857 142
e-mail: [email protected]
Purchase by bank transfer:
NSI Bank Account
Bulgarian National Bank
Knyaz Alexander Battenberg Square, Sofia
IBAN BG84 BNBG 9661 3000 1190 01