The National Statistical Institute informs users of statistical information in the field of social statistics that the annual publication Health Services 2008 (in Bulgarian only) is already available.
The publication Health Services is a joint edition of the National Statistical Institute and the National Centre of Health Information at the Ministry of Health.
The data sources are the statistical surveys carried out by the both institutions.
In the publication data are systematized as follows:
• Population and demographic process - main demographic indicators - population number and structures, fertility, crude death rate and infant mortality, causes of death and others.
• Morbidity of population - registered cases of infection diseases, incidence and prevalence of malignant neoplasms, tuberculosis and dermato-venereological diseases; discharged from health care establishments by disease classes; primary disabled persons by term of disability and by disease classes and others.
• Health establishments and medical personnel; institutions specialized in ensuring social care services, creches, homes for medical and social care for children etc;
• Health care establishments' activities - hospitalized persons by type of health establishments, hospitalized and discharged persons by bed types, utilization and turnover of beds at health care establishments, average length of stay, surgery operations by type of health establishments and by type of operations, activities of the urgent medical aid centres and others.
Time series are also presented in the volume.
The information is presented by districts. Some basic demographic indicators are presented by municipalities.
International comparisons by main indicators are also included.
The edition is of interest for specialists in the field of public health care management and health insurance, companies with main activity import and distribution of medical equipment, medicines and materials, foundations in the social sphere, researchers in the field of health and social care and others.
The publication is available as a printed edition and on CD-ROM.
Price (including mailing costs):
- printed edition - EUR 30
- electronic edition (CD ROM) - EUR 18
- printed edition + CD-ROM - EUR 40
Prices include VAT.
The issue could be ordered at the following address:
National Statistical Institute
2, Panayot Volov st.
phone: +359 2 9857 142
e-mail: [email protected]
Purchase by bank transfer:
NSI Bank Account
Bulgarian National Bank
Knyaz Alexander Battenberg Square, Sofia
IBAN BG84 BNBG 9661 3000 1190 01