The financial controller shall assist the President in the functioning of financial management and control systems and to this end he/she shall:
1. carry out a preliminary control of legality in accordance with the legislation and the Law on financial management and control in the public sector of all documents related to the overall activity of NSI’s Head Office;
2. carry out a preliminary control of activities related to the utilization of funds received from international programmes and projects;
3. keep a register of all concluded contracts;
4. carry out preliminary control on the utilization of funds provided by European commission, as well as under European Structural and Investment funds;
5. submit periodically reports on its activity to the President.