Graduated from the Technical High School "Nikola Vaptsarov" in his hometown.
Master's degree in economics, specialty "Macroeconomics" at the University of National and World Economy, Sofia.
Since 2011 he has held the position of Financial Controller at the National Statistical Institute.
From 2009 to 2010 he held the position of Head of the Financial and Accounting Department at the Sofia Municipality.
From 2004 to 2008, he was Head of the Banking Office at DZI Commercial Bank.
He has 11 years of experience (1993-2004) in the banking sector as a bank accountant, responsible accountant and credit consultant in Commercial Bank Electronics, Sofia Bank and Bank Biohim.
The Financial Controller shall assist the President in the functioning of financial management and control systems and to this end, he/she shall:
1. carry out a preliminary control of legality in accordance with the legislation and the Law on financial management and control in the public sector of all documents related to the overall activity of NSI’s Head Office;
2. carry out a preliminary control of activities related to the utilization of funds received from international programmes and projects;
3. keep a register of all concluded contracts;
4. carry out preliminary control on the utilization of funds provided by European commission, as well as under European Structural and Investment funds;
5. submit periodically reports on its activity to the President.