National Statistical Institute
|Contact organisation unit|
„Statistics on Services“ Department
|Contact person function|
Acting Head of Department
|Contact mail address|
2, P.Volov Str. Sofia 1038, Bulgaria
|Contact email address|
|Contact phone number|
+359 2 9857 604
+359 2 9857 190
|Contact fax number|
|Metadata last certified||16 January 2014|
|Metadata last posted||16 January 2014|
|Metadata last update||04 August 2014|
Data refer to goods handled in inland waterway ports.
· Unique Classification for transported goods NST 2007;
· Dangerous goods classification (ADN).
Data refer to the activity of inland waterway ports connected with carriage of goods by destination. Administrative ports are excluded.
|Statistical concepts and definitions|
Inland waterways transport - any movement of goods using inland waterways vessel, which is undertaken wholly or partly in navigable inland waterways.
National inland waterways transport - inland waterway transport between two ports of a national territory irrespective of the nationality of the vessel.
International inland waterways transport ? inland waterway transport between two ports located in different national territories.
Data are collected from Executive Agency “Maritime administration“ at the Ministry of transport, information technology and communications at port level.
The survey is exhaustive.
For the Republic of Bulgaria.
|Unit of measure|
|Legal acts and other agreements|
· Regulation (EC) No 1365/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 6 September 2006 on statistics of goods transport by inland waterways and repealing Council Directive 80/1119/EC;
· Commission regulation (EC) No 425/2007 of 19 April 2007 implementing Regulation (EC) No 1365/2006 of the EP and of the Council on statistics of goods transport by inland waterways;
· Commission regulation (EC) No 1304/2007 amending Council Directive 95/64/EC, Council Regulation (EC) 1172/89, Regulations (EC) 91/2003 and (EC) 1365/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council with respect to the establishment of NST 2007 as the unique classification for transported goods in certain transport modes;
· Order No 919 on collecting statistical information for the activity of port operators and owners of ports and port equipment in Republic of Bulgaria.
|Confidentiality - policy|
· Law on Statistics;
· Regulation (EC) No 223/2009 on European statistics (recital 24 and Article 20(4)) of 11 March 2009 (OJ L 87, p. 164), stipulates the need to establish common principles and guidelines ensuring the confidentiality of data used for the production of European statistics and the access to those confidential data with due account for technical developments and the requirements of users in a democratic society.
|Confidentiality - data treatment|
The collected data are not confidential.
Data are published according to the deadlines set in the National statistical program and the Release calendar - six months after the reference period.
|Release calendar access|
The calendar is available on the NSI website: https://www.nsi.bg/en/node/480
Data are published on the internet site of NSI and can be accessed from all users of statistical information.
|Frequency of dissemination|
|Accessibility and clarity|
Data on Inland waterway transport are available to all users of the NSI website under the heading Domain statistics - Transport and Communications - Other annual data - Transport: https://www.nsi.bg/en/node/7161
Data on inland waterway transport from all reporting countries are published on the internet site of Eurostat.
|Documentation on methodology|
Reference Manual on Inland Waterway Transport Statistics
The necessary quality checks are performed for each quarterly and annual data series. Reports are produces by Eurostat for all received data after second level of validation and then sent to the countries.
Main users are state institutions, different organizations and specialized in the sector enterprises.
Full completeness with the Bulgarian and European legislation.
|Accuracy and reliability|
|Timeliness and punctuality|
Quarterly data are transmitted to Eurostat 5 months after the reference period.
All the data are transmitted according to the set deadline in the Regulations.
|Coherence and comparability|
|Comparability - geographical|
Geographical comparability is obtained via mirror checks performed by Eurostat.
|Comparability - over time|
There might be break in time series for some variables in 2007 because of the change in the Goods nomenclature.
|Coherence - cross domain|
|Coherence - internal|
|Cost and burden|
Cost and Burden are defined from Executive Agency “Maritime administration“ at the Ministry of transport, information technology and communications.
|Data revision - policy|
Data revision is made when it is necessary.
|Data revision - practice|
Quarterly data are in general provisional. When the complete set of annual data emerges when it is necessary a revision of the quarterly data is made.
Data source is Executive Agency “Maritime administration“ at the Ministry of transport, information technology and communications.
|Frequency of data collection|
The survey is exhaustive.
Validation checks of the used code list and quality checks for each data series and between the series are made.
Treatment of the primary data is made by Executive Agency “Maritime administration“ at the Ministry of transport, information technology and communications.
Download in SDMX file format: INLAND WATERWAY TRANSPORT - Loaded and unloaded goods in river harbours by destination
Metadata Structure Definition: ESMS_MSD+BNSI+2.0+SDMX.2.0.xml