The main results from the National Statistical Institute (NSI) annual comprehensive studies characterizing the activity of educational institutions are as follows:
• In the 2015/2016 academic year in kindergartens are enrolled 232.0 thousand children or with 3.8% less in comparison with the previous year.
• In primary education (I - IV grade) 262.0 thousand pupils were enrolled and in the lower secondary (V - VIII grade) - 216.4 thousand.
• In 2015, high school graduates in general and vocational schools are respectively 27.0 and 23.3 thousand students.
• Enrolled in the varying degrees of higher education in 2015/2016 academic year are 266.7 thousand.
• Continues the trend for increasing the number of Ph.D. students, as of 31.12.2015 for acquiring educational and scientific degree ‘Doctor’ in the country trained 6 750.