|1||Output of goods and services (at basic prices)||P1||239 782|
|2||Intermediate consumption (at purchasers' prices)||P2||136 399|
|3||Gross value added (at basic prices)||B1G||103 383|
|4||Taxes on products||D21||16 947|
|5||Subsidies on products||D31||558|
|6||Total final consumption expenditure||P3||90 646|
|7||Household final consumption expenditure||P3||69 853|
|8||NPISH final consumption expenditure||P3||683|
|9||General government final consumption expenditure||P3||20 110|
|10||Gross capital formation||P5||25 280|
|11||Gross fixed capital formation||P51g||22 404|
|12||Changes in inventories||P52||2 872|
|13||Acquisitions less disposals of valuables||P53||5|
|14||Exports of goods and services||P6||76 884|
|15||Imports of goods and services||P7||73 038|
|16||Compensation of employees||D1||52 371|
|17||Gross operating surplus and mixed income||B2G+B3G||53 630|
|18||Taxes on production and imports||D2||18 701|
|20||Gross domestic product (ESA 2010)||B1*G||119 772|
|21||Compensation of employees received from the rest of the world||D1||1 708|
|22||Compensation of employees paid to the rest of the world||D1||286|
|23||Taxes on production and imports paid to the Institutions of the EU||D2||224|
|24||Subsidies received from the Institutions of the EU||D3||2 018|
|25||Property income received from the rest of the world||D4||727|
|26||Property income paid to the rest of the world||D4||5 888|
|27||Gross national income (ESA 2010)||B5*G||117 828|
Gross National Income (GNI)
National Statistical Institute
|Contact organisation unit|
Macroeconomic Statistics Directorate
|Contact person function|
Director Macroeconomic Statistics Directorate
|Contact mail address|
2 P. Volov Str., Sofia 1038
|Contact email address|
|Contact phone number|
+359 2 9857 775
|Contact fax number|
|Metadata last certified||05 November 2014|
|Metadata last posted||05 November 2014|
|Metadata last update||05 November 2014|
Gross National Income (at market prices) comprises the total primary income, receivable by resident institutional units as a result of commitments to productive activity: compensation of employees, taxes on production and imports less subsidies, property income (receivable less payable), gross operating surplus and gross mixed income. Gross national income can be also calculated as GDP minus primary income payable by resident units to non-resident units, plus primary income receivable by resident units from the rest of the world. Net gross national income is equal to gross national income after deducting consumption of fixed capital.
· Classification of Economic Activities (CEA-2008, for international use NACE.BG-2008);
· Classification of Products by Economic Activities (CPEA-2008, for international use CPA.BG-2008);
· Nomenclature of Industrial Production (PRODCOM.BG);
· Classification of Individual Consumption According to Purpose (COICOP);
· Classification of the Functions of Government (COFOG);
· Classification of the Purposes of Non-Profit Institutions Serving Households (COPNI);
· Combined Nomenclature.
|Statistical concepts and definitions|
In the GNI Regulation (EC, Euratom; No 1287/2003), Article 2 states that before 22
September each year, Member States shall provide the Commission (Eurostat) in the context of national accounting procedures, with figures for aggregate GNI and its components. The questionnaire containing information on the GNI include preceding year and any changes made to the figures for previous years.
Gross National Income (GNI) is calculated at market prices. GNI equals GDP minus primary
income payable by resident units to non-resident units plus primary income receivable by resident units from the rest of the world.
Gross national income can be calculated as the value of GDP subtracting primary income payable by resident units to non-resident units plus primary income to be received by resident units from the "Rest of the world". GDP measures production within the country, while GNI valued income residents, no matter where they are received. Gross national income is called gross national product.
Institutional unit under ESA 2010 - enterprise, household, public institution.
Economic territory of the country
|Unit of measure|
|Legal acts and other agreements|
REGULATION (EU) No 549/2013 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL
Transmission to European Commission
|Confidentiality - policy|
· Regulation (EC) No 223/2009 on European statistics (recital 24 and Article 20(4)) of 11 March 2009 (OJ L 87, p. 164), stipulates the need to establish common principles and guidelines ensuring the confidentiality of data used for the production of European statistics and the access to those confidential data with due account for technical developments and the requirements of users in a democratic society.
|Confidentiality - data treatment|
Under Regulation 1287/2003 of the EU harmonization of gross national income at market prices, member 2/2 / and 2/3 / - September 22.
|Release calendar access|
The calendar is available on the NSI website:
Data is published on the BNSI website in section Gross National Income in accordance with the Law on Statistics and the European Statistics Code of Practice respecting the professional independence and aimed at objectivity, transparency and equal treatment of all consumers.
|Frequency of dissemination|
|Accessibility and clarity|
· Publication „Main Macroeconomic Indicators“;
· Electronic publication (on CD-ROM).
Data are available to all users of the NSI website under the heading Gross National Income: http://www.nsi.bg/en/node/8019
|Documentation on methodology|
European System of National Accounts (2010) (Eurostat).
European system of accounts (ESA 2010)
· European Statistics Code of Practice;
· Common framework for quality management in the National Statistical System.
Questionnaire on the implementation of the principles of the European Statistics Code of Practice.
|Accuracy and reliability|
|Timeliness and punctuality|
Regulation 1287/2003 EU harmonization of BNT at market prices, Article 2/2 / and 2/3 / - September 22nd .
|Coherence and comparability|
|Comparability - geographical|
|Comparability - over time|
|Coherence - cross domain|
Additional information on other indicators in national accounts are available in other subject areas related to national accounts.
|Coherence - internal|
|Cost and burden|
|Data revision - policy|
|Data revision - practice|
Sources of data are statistical surveys, annual accounts of economic units and administrative data:
• Income and expenses, including statistical annexes;
• Report on production and sales of industrial production;
• Revenues of construction enterprises by types of construction;
• Sales of retail outlets by product groups;
• National energy balance;
• Natural - value balance about 130 product groups consumed during the production activity of enterprises and divisions;
• Economic accounts for agriculture and natural - balance value of agricultural production;
• Annual statistical report on employees and wages and salary;
• Sample observations for the statistical description of the economic behavior of specific actors in the institutional framework of the economic system:
- Observations of household budgets;
- Observations of the situation and business statistics;
- Observations on private farms;
• Annual accounts:
- Annual report of non-financial corporations;
- Annual report of non-profit organizations;
- Annual report of banking institutions;
- Annual report of insurance companies and pension funds;
- Annual report of other financial intermediaries;
• Administrative data and balance sheet developments:
- Consolidated reports on implementation of the state budget;
- Customs information;
- Tax Information;
- Balance of Payments.
|Frequency of data collection|
Exhaustively for all units
Implementation of validated procedures for assessing data quality.
Implementation of validated procedures for assessing data quality.