The National Statistical Institute presents to the users of statistical information annual electronic publication Employment and Unemployment - Annual Data 2010.
The bilingual (Bulgarian-English) publication presents annual average data from the Labour Force Survey. The Labour Force Survey is a sample statistical survey on households for examination of the economic activity of the population aged 15 years and over.
The methodology of the survey has been developed according to ILO and Eurostat recommendations.
The publication contains:
1. Methodological notes - main concepts and definitions, used in the survey.
2. Tables with average annual data for 2003 - 2010.
3. Detailed data for 2010:
• Economic activity of the population by sex, age, place of residence, education, marital status;
- By professional status;
- By economic activity groupings;
- By occupational classes;
- Full/part time employed by sex and by sector;
- Employees by type of contract.
- Duration of unemployment;
- Methods of job search;
- Existence of previous employment experience and reason of leaving the last job.
• Persons not in the labour force:
- By age, place of residence and sex;
- By reason of inactivity;
- Discouraged persons by sex, age, level of education.
• Economic activity of the population by planning regions and districts.
• International data for the second quarter of 2010.
The publication is available free of charge on the NSI website and on CD-ROM.
Price per CD (incl. mailing costs): EUR 14
Price includes VAT.
The issue could be ordered at the following address:
National Statistical Institute
Press Centre and Publications Division
2, Panayot Volov St.
e-mail: [email protected]
Purchase by bank transfer:
NSI Bank Account
Bulgarian National Bank
Knyaz Alexander Battenberg Square, Sofia
IBAN BG84 BNBG 9661 3000 1190 01