The National Statistical Institute presents to users of statistical information the electronic bilingual (Bulgarian/English) publication “Energy balance sheets 2011”.
The issue contains data for 2005 - 2011 on energy statistics obtained from the current surveys of the National Statistical Institute.
The publication presents also detailed information on:
• Commodity energy balances - coal and coal products, crude oil and petroleum products, natural gas, renewables, electricity and heat;
• Overall energy balance;
• Primary energy production;
• Gross inland energy consumption;
• Transformation input/output;
• Final energy consumption;
• Product definitions;
• Energy balance indicators;
• Specific conversion factors.
The overall energy balance sheets for 2010 and 2011 are presented in three matrixes:
• primary energy matrix;
• converted energy matrix;
• final energy consumption matrix,
according to the Eurostat’s methodology.
Transformation input in power and heat plants is included.
Data in tables concerning international comparisons are taken from:
• Eurostat Database - Energy Statistics/Quantity (nrg_quant)/Supply, Transformation, Consumption (nrg_10), http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/portal/page/portal/energy/data/database;
Data are presented in volume measures - tons, cubic meters, kWh, etc. The common energy unit used for the aggregated energy balance is ‘ton of oil equivalent’.
The following dependence exists between units:
1 GJoule = 0. 239 Gcal = 278 kWh = 0. 02389 toe.
The publication is available on CD-ROM and is also published on the NSI website.
Price (including mailing costs):
EUR 15 for a CD
Price includes VAT.
The issue could be ordered at the following address:
National Statistical Institute
Administrative Services Division
2, Panayot Volov St.
phone: +359 2 9857 142
e-mail: [email protected]
Purchase by bank transfer:
NSI Bank Account
Bulgarian National Bank
Knyaz Alexander Battenberg Square, Sofia
IBAN BG84 BNBG 9661 3000 1190 01