The National Statistical Programme for 2020 is elaborated in accordance with Chapter Three of the Law on Statistics. The programme includes Plan for activity of the National Statistical Institute (NSI) and the Plans for statistical activities of the Bodies of Statistics.
The development of methodology, production and dissemination of statistical information in the National Statistical System of the Republic of Bulgaria is realized in accordance with adopted uniform European standards and harmonized methods. The new surveys and activities included in the national programme for 2020 are related to user needs and to priorities of the Community Statistical Programme for 2020. The new surveys and activities included in NSP 2020 are:
- Labour force survey - preparation to implement Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council establishing a common framework for European statistics relating to persons and households, based on data at individual level collected from samples;
- Continuing Vocational Training of the employees (CVTS6);
- Freezing and confiscation of instrumentalities and proceeds of crime in the European Union (in implementation of Directive 2014/42 /EU);
- Pension entitlements in social insurance;
- Analysis of options and development of tools for collection and maintenance of statistical indicators on "Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015 - 2030";
- E-learning platform "Interactive Statistics";
- Consumer prices of petroleum products;
- Structure of vineyards in 2020.
The NSI will participate in the following new EC projects:
- Labour Force Survey 2020 ad hoc module on accidents at work and other work-related health problems;
- Euromod input data and regionalization;
- European Comparison Programme 2020;
- Regional business demography;
- Environmental accounts and ecosystem accounting;
- Data collection for city and subnational statistics;
- Participation to the 2019/2020 European Statistics Competition
The results of statistical surveys included in the National Statistical Programme are accessible to all. Deadlines, form and mode for presentation of the results are in conformity with Eurostat requirements.
Changes in the organization of some surveys and shortening the deadlines for providing data for users are made in connection with cost optimization and reducing the respondents burden.
According to the Law on Statistics, Article 16 paragraph 1, the funds necessary for the implementation of the National Statistical Programme shall be provided from the State Budget and from financial contribution (grant funds) from Eurostat and other bodies and organizations and shall be specified apart from the funds for maintenance of the National Statistical Institute. The Law on State Budget of the Republic of Bulgaria for 2020, published in State Gazette Issue 100/20.12.2019, specifies 25 447 200 BGN for costs, of which 21 623 200 BGN for current costs in the NSI's Budget for 2020. The funding amounts to 19 923 200 BGN for regular surveys, 1 200 000 BGN for new surveys and activities, and 500 000 BGN for contracts for grants.
The plans for statistical activities of the Bodies of Statistics in 2020 shall be financed from the budgets of the respective institutions.