NATIONAL STATISTICAL PROGRAMME FOR 2019
Adopted by Council of Ministers Decision 42/25.01.2019, promulgated in State Gazette Issue 17/26.02.2019
The National Statistical Programme for 2019 is elaborated in accordance with Chapter Three of the Law on Statistics. The programme includes Plan for activity of the National Statistical Institute (NSI) and the Plans for statistical activities of the Bodies of Statistics.
The development of methodology, production and dissemination of statistical information in the National Statistical System of the Republic of Bulgaria is realized in accordance with adopted uniform European standards and harmonized methods. The new surveys and activities included in the national programme for 2019 are related to user needs and to priorities of the Community Statistical Programme for 2019. The new surveys and activities included in NSP 2019 are:
- Population and Housing Census in the Republic of Bulgaria in 2021;
- Structure of Earnings survey 2018;
- European Health Interview Survey;
- Register for crude oil imports;
- Environmental economic accounts Regulation No 691/2011 and Regulation No 538/2014 of the European Parliament and the Council on European environmental economic accounts;
- Environmental subsidies and transfers accounts (as part of the environmental economic accounts);
- Elaboration of national air pollutant emission inventory (CM Decree №227/16.10.2017 and Directive (EU) 2016/2284);
- Production and publication of experimental statistics from Big Data sources;
- Publication of data on the national open data portal;
- Census of agricultural farms in the Republic of Bulgaria in 2020.
The NSI will participate in the following new EC projects:
- Labour Force Survey 2019 ad hoc module on work organisation and working time arrangements;
- Action plan for EU-SILC improvements (timeliness, regionalisation, and preparation for EU-SILC revision);
- Support for improving crime statistics;
- National Accounts and Balance of Payments;
- European Comparison Programme 2019;
- Structural Business Statistics Development;
- Setting up production processes for new indices of services production and trade and quality improvement of STS statistics;
- Support for implementation of profiling activities in the Member States;
- Improvement of import and export waste statistics;
- IT security improvement in the ESS for the exchange of confidential statistical information;
- ESSnet "Big Data II";
- Support for statistical literacy actions in the area of a competition, gamification, e-learning 2019;
- Mapping and Assessment for Integrated ecosystem Accounting (MAIA), Horizon 2020;
- Enhancing the innovation capacity of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEINNOBOOST)
The results of statistical surveys included in the National Statistical Programme are accessible to all. Deadlines, form and mode for presentation of the results are in conformity with Eurostat requirements.
Changes in the organization of some surveys and shortening the deadlines for providing data for users are made in connection with cost optimization and reducing the respondents burden.
According to the Law on Statistics, Article 16 paragraph 1, the funds necessary for the implementation of the National Statistical Programme are provided from the State Budget and from financial contribution (grant funds) from Eurostat and other bodies and organizations and are specified apart from the funds for maintenance of the National Statistical Institute. The Law on State Budget of the Republic of Bulgaria for 2019, published in State Gazette Issue 103/13.12.2018, specifies 23 801 000 BGN for costs, of which 19 977 000 BGN for current costs in the NSI's Budget for 2019. The funding amounts to 19 025 187 BGN for regular surveys, 351 813 BGN for new surveys and activities, and 600 000 BGN for contracts for grants.
The plans for statistical activities of the Bodies of Statistics in 2019 shall be financed from the budgets of the respective institutions.