The National Statistical Institute presents to the attention of the users of statistical information its new electronic publication Energy Balance Sheets 2017. The annual bilingual publication contains data for the period 2011 - 2017 on energy statistics obtained from the current surveys of the National Statistical Institute.
The issue presents also detailed information on:
• Commodity energy balances - solid fossil fuels, crude oil and petroleum products, natural gas, renewables, electricity and heat;
• Overall energy balance sheet;
• Primary energy production;
• Gross inland energy consumption;
• Transformation input/output;
• Final energy consumption;
• Product definitions;
• Energy balance indicators;
• Specific conversion factors.
The overall energy balance sheets for 2016 and 2017 are presented in three matrixes according to the methodology of the statistical office of the European Union - Eurostat:
• primary energy matrix;
• transformed energy matrix;
• final energy consumption matrix.
Detailed information on the transformation input in power plants and heat plants is included.
Data in tables with international comparisons are taken from:
• Eurostat Database - section 'Energy Statistics'
• Sustainable development indicators - goal 7 'Affordable and clean energy'.
Data are presented in volume measures - tons, cubic meters, kWh, etc. The common energy unit used for the overall energy balance sheet is ‘ton of oil equivalent’.
The following dependence exists between units:
1 GJoule = 0. 239 Gcal = 278 kWh = 0. 02389 toe.
Periodicity of the publication is annual.
The publication is available on CD-ROM and is also published on the NSI website.
Price (including mailing costs):
EUR 15 for a CD
Price includes VAT.
The issue could be ordered at the following address:
National Statistical Institute
Multi-Domain Statistics and User Services Directorate
Purchase by bank transfer:
NSI Bank Account
Bulgarian National Bank
Knyaz Alexander Battenberg Square, Sofia
IBAN BG84 BNBG 9661 3000 1190 01