National Statistical Institute
|Contact organisation unit|
?Agriculture and Forestry
|Contact person function|
|Contact mail address|
2, P. Volov Str.; 1038 Sofia,
|Contact email address|
Marta [email protected]
|Contact phone number|
+359 2 9857 433
|Contact fax number|
|Metadata last certified||31 July 2014|
|Metadata last posted||31 July 2014|
|Metadata last update||31 July 2014|
The data are developed in compliance with the general requirements of Handbook of EU Agricultural Price
Thus achieving harmonization in the field of price statistics and indices in agriculture with the EU practice regarding the definitions, techniques of price registration, type of calculated indices, survey periodicity and classifications used.
Data sets of quarterly and annual Producer Price Indices in Agriculture are calculated.
The main purpose of the Producer Price Indices in Agriculture is for:
· information about the change in trend in producer prices in agriculture;
· comparisons of price changes of different products within a country or between member states of the European Union;
· comparisons of the change in trends in producer prices and in the prices of goods and services currently consumed in agriculture;
· deflation of the agricultural output.
· Classification of Economic Activities - 2008 (CEA-2008, for international use NACE.BG-2008);
· Nomenclature of production in agriculture, forestry and fisheries (Prodagro);
· Annex 1 of the Handbook for EU agricultural prices, version 2.0, March 2008.
According to the Handbook for EU agricultural prices, version 2.0, March 2008 the scope of the Producer Price Indices in agriculture should:
|Statistical concepts and definitions|
· Producer Price Indices in Agriculture
The indices are calculated by the Laspeyre?s formula. It can be calculated for a period of several years without being necessary to alter the basket of representative products or the weights. Furthermore the parameters used for the calculation of the indices are well known at the time the base is established. Changes only need to be made when the evolution of the products used and of their relative importance have made the basic structure inappropriate.
· A weighting scheme for calculating the Producer Price Indices in Agriculture.
For the calculation of Producer Price Indices in Agriculture (Annex 2 of the Handbook) a weighting scheme should be available. Weights are calculated within the frame of the economic accounts for agriculture and they reflect the value of sales of agricultural products during the period (base) - quarter or year.
· Agricultural holdings ? juridical and physical persons;
· Processing Industries;
· Wholesalers of agricultural products.
Framework of the study is:
· Annual Report of agricultural enterprises;
· Annual Report of non-financial enterprises.
Units for observation are selected through defining threshold in terms of value and with requirement to cover 75% of the channel realization.
For all territory of the country (NUTS0).
From 2005 onwards.
· 2005 = 100; 2010=100 (base of Eurostat)
· corresponding quarter of the previous year = 100
· previous year = 100
|Unit of measure|
Per cent (%)
|Legal acts and other agreements|
· Law on
· Memorandum of Understanding between the National Statistical Institute of and the Ministry of Agriculture and Food, which distributes the responsibilities for the production of statistical information on agriculture;
· National Statistical Programme;
· Gentlemen's Agreement between the
· Handbook for EU Agricultural Price
Agreement between the National Statistical Institute and the Ministry of Agriculture and Food for data exchange and strategic partnership.
|Confidentiality - policy|
· Law on
· Regulation EC/223/2009 on European
|Confidentiality - data treatment|
Personal data shall not be published, observing art. 25 of the Law on
The schedule for dissemination of statistical information is published in the Calendar for the presentation of the results of statistical surveys carried out by the NSI.
|Release calendar access|
The Calendar is available on the NSI website: http://www.nsi.bg/en/node/480
Data on the Producer Price Indices in Agriculture are published on the NSI website according to the Chapter 5 of the Law on
|Frequency of dissemination|
|Accessibility and clarity|
Quarterly press releases are disseminated on the website of the NSI.
The press releases dissemination is done by the Calendar for presentation of the results of statistical surveys carried out by the NSI.
· Statistical Reference Book;
· Statistical Year Book.
Detailed data on Producer Price Indices in Agriculture are available to all users of the NSI website under the heading Domain statistics - Agriculture: http://www.nsi.bg/en/node/4258
|Documentation on methodology|
· Handbook for EU Agricultural Price
Methodological inventory related to methodology used for data compilation on the Price Indices in Agriculture in
The methods and procedures for data calculation in compliance with the EU methodology are periodically described and documented.
During the meetings of WG Eurostat "Agricultural accounts and prices" methodological issues are discussed and examples for good practices for data calculation are provided from Member States.
The comparative analysis of the data with previous years is done.
No discrepancy with EU methodology is found out.
· NSI ? Economic Accounts for Agriculture, National Accounts;
· State Administration - Ministry of Agriculture and Food and other institutions;
· Scientific and Research Institutes;
· Business Structures;
No satisfied needs of users concerning data on Producer Price Indices in Agriculture were found out.
|Accuracy and reliability|
14.1 Overall accuracy
14.2 Sampling error
14.3 Non-sampling error
|Timeliness and punctuality|
|Coherence and comparability|
|Comparability - geographical|
16.1 Comparability - geographical
|Comparability - over time|
16.2 Comparability - over time
|Coherence - cross domain|
17.1 Coherence - cross domain
|Coherence - internal|
17.2 Coherence - internal
|Cost and burden|
18. Cost and burden
|Data revision - policy|
19.1 Data revision - policy
|Data revision - practice|
19.2 Data revision - practice
20.1 Source data
|Frequency of data collection|
20.2 Frequency of data collection
20.3 Data collection
20.4 Data validation
20.5 Data compilation
Producer price indices in Agriculture
Download in SDMX file format: PRODUCER PRICE IN AGRICULTURE - Producer Price Indices in Agriculture
Metadata Structure Definition: ESMS_MSD+BNSI+2.0+SDMX.2.0.xml