The “Financial National Accounts” Department (FNA) shall perform the following activities:
1. develop preliminary and final annual data on deficit/surplus and debt of the institutional sector General government – Notification Tables and Questionnaire to them;
2. develop annual financial national accounts and data on taxes and social contributions;
3. be liable for operational planning and reporting of statistical surveys in the mentioned areas;
4. conduct international exchange of statistical information in the field of financial statistics with Eurostat – statistical reports and questionnaires, be liable for the implementation of the methodology in the field of financial statistics in accordance with the European System of Accounts principles;
5. coordinate the activities related to provision of control and quality of data on financial statistics, participate in task forces end expert missions of international authorities and organisations in the field of financial statistics, participate in interinstitutional working group jointly with the Bulgarian National Bank and Ministry of Finance for development, production and dissemination of data on government finance statistics and financial national accounts and prepare positions in the field of financial statistics;
6. request additional information from other structural units in the NSI (if necessary) in order to provide adequate and reliable information for the purposes of financial national accounts and financial statistics.