The National Statistical Institute publishes data on three new indicators, based on the Labour Force Survey, which aim is to describe more detailed different categories of persons according to their labour market attachment.
The indicators have been developed by Eurostat in cooperation with EU Member States. The indicators cover:
• underemployed part-time workers;
• potential additional labour force, consisting of:
- persons seeking work but not immediately available;
- persons available to work but not seeking.
Persons in these categories are not considered unemployed according to the ILO definition as they do not meet all its criteria, but share some characteristics with the unemployed.
Data and metadata on these indicators could be found:
• for Bulgaria - on the NSI web site - www.nsi.bg, Labour Market, Labour Force Survey, Annual data, 3.2.4. ‘Underemployed and potential additional labour force’;