National Statistical Institute
|Contact organisation unit|
"Non-Financial National Accounts"
|Contact person function|
Head of department
|Contact mail address|
2 P. Volov Str., Sofia 1038
|Contact email address|
|Contact phone number|
+359 2 9857 623
|Contact fax number|
|Metadata last certified||10 October 2018|
|Metadata last posted||10 October 2018|
|Metadata last update||10 October 2018|
Sector accounts indicate the relationship between institutional sectors on key macroeconomic indicators:
· Gross added value estimation / Gross Domestic Product ;
· External balance of goods and services;
· An operating surplus / mixed income, gross;
· Primary income - received minus paid;
· Balance of primary incomes, gross / gross national income;
· Current transfers - received minus paid;
· Disposable income, gross final consumption expenditure ;
· Actual final consumption;
· Gross savings / current external balance;
· Capital transfers - received minus paid;
· Gross fixed capital formation;
· Change in inventories;
· Net lending (+) / net borrowing (-) loans.
Balancing item net lending / net borrowing determines the final result of the production activity, distribution and redistribution operations, saving and accumulation of non-financial assets at each institutional sector and the whole economy to the rest of the world.
European System of Accounts (ESA 2010) - classification of units by institutional sectors
Economy by institutional sectors.
|Statistical concepts and definitions|
Macro - economic analysis does not consider the actions of each institutional unit separately it considers the aggregate activities of similar institutions. So units are combined into groups called institutional sectors, some of which are divided into subsectors. Each sector and subsector groups together the institutional units which have a similar type of economic behaviour.
Institutional units are grouped into sectors according to what kind of producer is and depending on their core activities and functions that are considered to be indicative of their economic behavior. Economic sectors are as follows:
· Non-financial corporations
· Financial corporations
- Monetary financial institutions (MFIs)
- Central bank
- Other monetary financial institutions (OMFI)
- Financial corporations except MFIs and Insurance corporations and pension funds (ICPFs)
- Non-MMF investment funds
- Other financial intermediaries, except insurance corporations and pension funds
- Financial auxiliaries
- Captive financial institutions and money lenders
- Insurance corporations (IC)
- Pension funds (PF)
· General government
- Central government (excluding social security funds)
- State government (excluding social security funds)
- Local government (excluding social security funds)
- Social security funds
- Employers and own-account workers
- Recipients of property and transfer income
- Recipients of other transfers
- Recipients of pensions
- Recipients of property income
· Non-profit institutions serving households
· Rest of the world
- Member States and institutions and bodies of the European Union
- Member States of the European Union
- Institutions and bodies of the European Union
- Non-member countries and international organisations non-resident in the European Union
Institutional unit under ESA 2010 - enterprise, household, public institution.
Economic territory of the country
|Unit of measure|
|Legal acts and other agreements|
REGULATION (EU) No 549/2013 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL
Eurostat program to provide data on national accounts, the IMF, the UN
|Confidentiality - policy|
· Regulation (EC) No 223/2009 on European statistics (recital 24 and Article 20(4)) of 11 March 2009 (OJ L 87, p. 164), stipulates the need to establish common principles and guidelines ensuring the confidentiality of data used for the production of European statistics and the access to those confidential data with due account for technical developments and the requirements of users in a democratic society.
|Confidentiality - data treatment|
The date for publication of statistical information is listed in the Calendar presenting the results of the statistical surveys of NSI.
|Release calendar access|
The calendar is available on the NSI website: http://www.nsi.bg/en/node/480
Data is published on the NSI website, section Macroeconomic statistics in accordance with the Law on Statistics and the European Statistics Code of Practice respecting the professional independence and aimed at objectivity, transparency and equal treatment of all consumers.
|Frequency of dissemination|
|Accessibility and clarity|
Publication "Main Macroeconomic Indicators".
Data are available to all users of the NSI website under the heading Macroeconomic statistics - Non-financial national accounts by institutional sectors: http://www.nsi.bg/en/node/5547
|Documentation on methodology|
European system of accounts (ESA 2010)
· European Statistics Code of Practice;
· Common framework for quality management in the National Statistical System.
Questionnaire on the implementation of the principles of the European Statistics Code of Practice.
|Accuracy and reliability|
|Timeliness and punctuality|
· The annual estimates - the sum of estimates of quarterly data - T +65 days after the reporting period;
· Updated annual data - T +9 months after the reporting period;
· Final data - balance sheets "Resource-Use" - T +3 years.
|Coherence and comparability|
|Comparability - geographical|
|Comparability - over time|
|Coherence - cross domain|
Additional information on other indicators in national accounts is available in other subject areas related to national accounts.
|Coherence - internal|
|Cost and burden|
|Data revision - policy|
In practice, the system of national accounts, there are two main types of revisions beyond the scope and content of the methods of seasonal adjustment.
· The first type of audits is ongoing, regular characterized by the presence of new or updated statistical information based on statistical surveys or administrative sources.
· The second type of revisions is related to a change in the methodology and calculation procedures for specific statistical indicators.
|Data revision - practice|
In line with Eurostat to provide data on national accounts and the National Statistical Programme of Bulgaria, GDP data are developed in the following intervals:
· Quarterly rates:
- Flash estimates of GDP - T +42-43 days after the reporting period
- Current quarterly estimates of GDP - T +65 days after the reporting period
· The annual estimates - the sum of estimates of quarterly data - T +65 days after the reporting period
· Updated annual data - T +9 months after the reporting period
· Final data - balance sheets "Resource -Use" - T +3 years
Information sources for the development:
~ Income and expenses, including statistical annexes;
~ Report on production and sales of industrial production;
~ Revenues of construction enterprises by types of construction;
~ Sales of retail outlets by product groups;
~ National energy balance;
~ Natural - value balance about 130 product groups consumed during the production activity of enterprises and divisions;
~ Economic accounts for agriculture and natural - balance value of agricultural production;
~ Annual statistical report on employees and wages and salary;
~ Sample observations for the statistical description of the economic behavior of specific actors in the institutional framework of the economic system:
- Observations of household budgets;
- Observations of the situation and business statistics;
- Observations on private farms;
~ Annual accounts:
- Annual report of non-financial corporations;
- Annual report of non-profit organizations;
- Annual report of banking institutions;
- Annual report of insurance companies and pension funds;
- Annual report of other financial intermediaries;
~ Administrative data and balance sheet developments:
- Consolidated reports on implementation of the state budget;
- Customs information;
|Frequency of data collection|
Exhaustively on an annual basis
Implementation of validated procedures for assessing data quality
Implementation of validated procedures for assessing the quality of data and the development of estimation of the completeness of the data.
Non-financial national accounts by institutional sectors (Annual data)
Download in SDMX 2.1 file format: Non financial accounts by institutional sector - Sector accounts
Metadata Structure Definition in SDMX 2.1: ESMS_MSD+BNSI+2.0+SDMX.2.1.xml
Download in SDMX 2.0 file format: Non financial accounts by institutional sector - Sector accounts
Metadata Structure Definition in SDMX 2.0: ESMS_MSD+BNSI+2.0+SDMX.2.0.xml