National Statistical Institute
|Contact organisation unit|
"Non-financial national and regional accounts"
|Contact person function|
|Contact mail address|
2, P. Volov Str.; 1038 Sofia, Bulgaria
|Contact email address|
|Contact phone number|
|Contact fax number|
|Metadata last certified||08 March 2017|
|Metadata last posted||08 March 2017|
|Metadata last update||08 March 2017|
As an integrated part of the annual National Accounts Supply and Use Tables(SUT) are a final and balanced presentation of the economical categories in the composition of GDP, structured in details by groups of products and services, economic activities and categories of the final consumption. They are elaborated and improved in compliance with internationaly adopted methodological principles and standarts of the European System of National and Regional Accounts(ESA'95, before 2010 and ESA'2010 from 2010 onwards - Eurostat edition) and of the System of National Accounts,(SNA'93, before 2010 and SNA'2008 from 2010 onwards) - a colaboration of the UN, OECD, Eurostat, IMF and the World Bank. SUT are based on the concepts and definitions for treating the transactions, the economic individuals and the classificatory principles of statistical units' grouping as they are applied in elsewhere in the System.
Supply is presented in basic price, including transformation to market price.
Use is presented in market price.
· Classification of Economic Activities;
· Classification of Products by Economic Activities;
· Nomenclature of Industrial Production (PRODCOM);
· Nomenclature of agriculture, forestry and fishing products (PRODAGRO);
· Classification of Individual Consumption According to Purpose (COICOP);
· Classification of the Functions of Government (COFOG);
· Classification of the Purposes of Non-Profit Institutions Serving Households (COPNI).
|Statistical concepts and definitions|
Supply and Use tables are matrices by industries and products describing production processes and the transactions in products of the national economy in detail. These tables show:
a) the structure of the costs of production and the value added that is generated in the production process;
b) the flows of goods and services produced within the national economy;
c) the flows of goods and services with the rest of the world.
The ESA 1995(Regulation 2223/96 of the European Council) for the SUT before 2010 and ESA 2010(Regulation(EU) 549/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council) for the tables from 2010 onwards may be referred to for specific explanations concerning contents of the tables.
2000 - 2005 (NACE Rev.1) ESA95
2010 - 2012 (NACE Rev.2) ESA95
2010 - 2014 (NACE Rev.2) ESA2010
|Unit of measure|
The data are presented in current prices and in thousands of national currency (BGN) for the years before 2010.
The data are presented in current prices and in million of national currency(BGN) from 2010 onwards.
|Legal acts and other agreements|
National Accounts are compiled in accordance with the European System of National and Regional Accounts:
ESA 1995 adopted in the form of a Council Regulation dated 25 June 1996, N° 2223/96 and originally published in the Official Journal L310 of the 30/11/1996 for the tables before 2010.
ESA 2010 adopted in the form of Regulation(EU) № 549/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council - for the years from 2010 onwards.
Eurostat's program for data dissemination.
|Confidentiality - policy|
· Law on Statistics;
· Regulation (EC) No 223/2009 on European statistics (recital 24 and Article 20(4)) of 11 March 2009 (OJ L 87, p. 164), stipulates the need to establish common principles and guidelines ensuring the confidentiality of data used for the production of European statistics and the access to those confidential data with due account for technical developments and the requirements of users in a democratic society.
|Confidentiality - data treatment|
Individual data are not published in accordance with article 25 of the Law on Statistics. The publishing of individual data can be performed only in accordance with article 26 of the same law.
The data is pointed in the Release Calendar presenting the results of the statistical surveys carried out by the National Statistical Institute.
|Release calendar access|
The calendar is available on the NSI website: http://www.nsi.bg/en/node/480
Data is published on the NSI website, section Macroeconomic statistics - Supply Use Tables in accordance with the Law on Statistics and the European Statistics Code of Practice respecting the professional independence and aimed at objectivity, transparency and equal treatment of all consumers.
|Frequency of dissemination|
|Accessibility and clarity|
SUT are available to all users of the NSI website under the heading Macroeconomic statistics - Supply Use Tables: http://www.nsi.bg/en/node/5466
|Documentation on methodology|
European System of National and Regional Accounts (ESA 1995) for the years before 2010 and (ESA2010) from 2010 onwards.
· European Statistics Code of Practice;
· Common framework of quality assurance in National statistical system.
|Accuracy and reliability|
|Timeliness and punctuality|
|Coherence and comparability|
|Comparability - geographical|
|Comparability - over time|
|Coherence - cross domain|
|Coherence - internal|
|Cost and burden|
|Data revision - policy|
|Data revision - practice|
- Household budget survey;
- Business statistics surveys and business tendency surveys;
- Surveys of private agricultural farms.
- Annual report of non-financial enterprises;
- Annual report of non-profit institutions;
- Annual report for bank institutions;
- Annual report of insurance companies and pension funds;
- Annual report of other financial intermediaries.
- Incorporated statement of government budget execution;
- Customs information;
- Tax information;
- Balance of payments.
|Frequency of data collection|
- ESA 2010
- ESA 1995
- NACE rev.1 / CPA
- NACE rev.2 / CPA 2008