NATIONAL STATISTICAL PROGRAMME FOR 2018
Adopted by Council of Ministers Decision 9/11.01.2018, promulgated in State Gazette Issue 8/23.01.2018
The National Statistical Programme for 2018 is elaborated in accordance with Chapter Three of the Law on Statistics. The programme includes Plan for activity of the National Statistical Institute (NSI) and the Plans for statistical activities of the Bodies of Statistics.
The development of methodology, production and dissemination of statistical information in the National Statistical System of the Republic of Bulgaria is realized in accordance with adopted uniform European standards and harmonized methods. The new surveys and activities included in the national programme for 2018 are related to user needs and to priorities of the Community Statistical Programme for 2018. The new surveys and activities included in NSP 2018 are:
- Population projections;
- Community clubs;
- Preparation and gradual introduction of the UN / Eurostat International Classification of Crime for Statistical Purposes (ICCS) into the country's statistical practice;
- Development of statistical indicators system "Sustainable Development Goals 2030";
- Development of a tool for quality self-assessment of statistical surveys;
- Development of National Process Metadata Structure (NPMS) for all statistical surveys and their loading into the national IT tool for reference metadata repository;
- Methodology for short-term forecasting of time series;
- Provision of anonymised data for scientific and research purposes;
- Occupational diseases;
- Survey on use of plant protection products.
The NSI will participate in the following new EC projects:
- Modernisation of the Harmonised European Time Use Survey;
- Labour Force Survey 2018 ad hoc module on reconciliation between work and family life;
- Pre-testing of new variables for future European Health Interview Survey waves;
- ESSPROS data collection development;
- Testing and piloting survey on Gender-Based Violence;
- International Sourcing Survey;
- Disaggregation of the statistics on final energy consumption (FEC) in the industry sector;
- Steps towards implementing the European System of interoperable Statistical Business Registers (ESBRs);
- Interoperability Pilots - Steps towards implementing the European System of interoperable Business Registers (ESBRs);
- Pilot test ecosystem extent and condition accounts in physical units;
- Improve methods to assign road transport emissions and energy use to NACE/households for AEA and PEFA;
- Waste Shipment;
- Sub-National statistics;
- Improvement of the use of administrative sources (ESS.VIP Admin WP6 pilot studies and applications);
- Statistics on research & development (R&D) and innovation in 2018 (CIS 2018);
- IT security improvement in the ESS for the exchange of confidential statistical information;
- ESSnet "Big Data II";
- Quality improvements for the Labour Force Survey;
- Linked Open Statistics;
- Support for statistical literacy actions in the area of a competition, gamification, e-learning;
- Provide macroeconomic accounts and aggregates supplemented by satellite accounts and measures of social performance - Price Statistics;
- Provide macroeconomic accounts and aggregates supplemented by satellite accounts and measures of social performance - Real Estate Indicators.
The results of statistical surveys included in the National Statistical Programme are accessible to all. Deadlines, form and mode for presentation of the results are in conformity with Eurostat requirements.
Changes in the organization of some surveys and shortening the deadlines for providing data for users are made in connection with cost optimization and reducing the respondents burden.
According to the Law on Statistics, Article 16 paragraph 1, the funds necessary for the implementation of the National Statistical Programme are provided from the State Budget and from financial contribution (grant funds) from Eurostat and other bodies and organizations and are specified apart from the funds for maintenance of the National Statistical Institute. The Law on State Budget of the Republic of Bulgaria for 2018, published in State Gazette Issue 99/12.12.2017, specifies 21 281 300 BGN for costs, of which 17 957 300 BGN for current costs in the NSI's Budget for 2018. The funding amounts to 17 349 214 BGN for regular surveys, 208 086 BGN for new surveys and activities, and 400 000 BGN for contracts for grants.
The plans for statistical activities of the Bodies of Statistics in 2018 are financed from the budgets of the respective institutions.