NATIONAL STATISTICAL PROGRAMME FOR 2017
Adopted by Council of Ministers Decision 15/12.01.2017, promulgated in State Gazette Issue 7/20.01.2017
The National Statistical Programme for 2017 is elaborated in accordance with Chapter Three of the Law on Statistics. The programme includes Plan for activity of National Statistical Institute (NSI) and the Plans for statistical activities of the Bodies of Statistics.
The development of methodology, production and dissemination of statistical information in the National Statistical System of the Republic of Bulgaria is realized in accordance with adopted uniform European standards and harmonized methods. The new surveys and activities included in the national programme for 2017 are related to user needs and to priorities of the Community Statistical Programme for 2017. The new surveys and activities included in NSP 2017 are:
- Annual labour costs of employers and their main components;
- Activity of non-financial enterprises obliged to compile consolidated financial reports in accordance with current legislation;
- Regional business demography;
- Registrations and bankruptcies;
- Activity of financial enterprises obliged to compile consolidated financial reports in accordance with current legislation;
- District heating and cooling systems;
- Statistical system of sustainable development indicators;
- Spatial population data in grid format;
- Implementation and maintenance of IS "Automated consolidation of business indicators";
- Product classifications - development of new versions of PRODCOM.BG (structure and corresponding tables);
- Development of self-explanatory texts to the Combined Nomenclature 2017;
- Plantations' structure with selected kinds of fruits in 2017.
The NSI will participate in the following new EC projects:
- Labour Force Survey 2017 ad hoc module on self-employment;
- Preparation for the revision of EU-SILC - Testing of rolling modules on Health (second priority) in EU-SILC 2017;
- Improvements in ESSPROS statistics;
- Provide macroeconomic accounts and aggregates supplemented by satellite accounts and measures of social performance: Action 1: "Price statistics - methodological and practical improvements and developments"; Action 2: "Real estate indicators";
- European Comparison Programme (2017-2018);
- Link Business Demography to data on trade by enterprise characteristics (TEC);
- Modernisation actions for compiling PRODCOM statistics;
- Setting up production processes for new indices of services production - implementation of STS statistics;
- Steps towards implementing the definition of statistical units for business statistics and profiling in the framework of the ESS.VIP ESBRs project;
- Environmental subsidies and similar transfers.
The results of statistical surveys included in the National Statistical Programme are accessible to all. Deadlines, form and mode for presentation of the results are in conformity with Eurostat requirements.
Changes in the organization of some surveys and shortening the deadlines for providing data for users are made in connection with cost optimization and reducing the respondents burden.
According to the Law on Statistics, Article 16 paragraph 1, the funds necessary for the implementation of the National Statistical Programme are provided from the State Budget and from direct financial contribution (grant funds) from Eurostat and other bodies and organizations and are specified apart from the funds for maintenance of the National Statistical Institute. The Law on State Budget of the Republic of Bulgaria for 2017, published in State Gazette Issue 98/09.12.2016, specifies 19 591 400 BGN for costs, of which 17 267 400 BGN for current costs in the NSI's Budget for 2017. The funding amounts to 16 256 284 BGN for regular surveys, 661 116 BGN for new surveys and activities, and 350 000 BGN for contracts for grants.
The plans for statistical activities of the Bodies of Statistics in 2017 are financed from the budgets of the respective institutions.