National Statistical Institute
|Contact organisation unit|
Non-Financial National Accounts
|Contact person function|
|Contact mail address|
2 P. Volov Str., Sofia 1038
|Contact email address|
|Contact phone number|
+359 2 9857 537
|Contact fax number|
|Metadata last certified||01 January 1970|
|Metadata last posted||01 January 1970|
|Metadata last update||01 October 2014|
According to the ESA 2010 employed covers all persons - both employees and self-employed, Engaged in some productive activity that falls within the production boundary of the system. Employees are defined as all persons who, by the agreement, work for another resident institutional unit and receive remuneration as a compensation of employees. The following categories are included: employees working under employment, civil or working without a contract. Self-employed persons are defined as persons who are the sole owners, or joint owners, of the unincorporated enterprises in which they work.
Classification of Economic Activities (CEA-2008, for international use NACE.BG-2008)
Total of economy
|Statistical concepts and definitions|
According to the ESA 2010 employed covers all persons - both employees and self-employed, engaged in some productive activity that falls within the production boundary of the system.
Employees are defined as all persons who, by the agreement, work for another resident institutional unit and receive remuneration as a compensation of employees. The following categories are included:
· persons engaged by an employer under a contract of employment;
· civil servants and other government employees whose terms and conditions of employment are laid down by public law;
· the armed forces, consisting of those who have enlisted for both long and short engagements and also conscripts;
· owners of corporations and quasicorporations if they work in these corporations;
· students who have a formal commitment whereby they contribute some of their own labor as an input into an enterprise?s process of production in return for remuneration and (or) education services;
· outworkers if there is an explicit agreement that the outworker is remunerated on the basis of the work done that is, the amount of labor which is contributed as an input into some process of production;
· disabled workers, provided the formal or informal relationship of employer to employee exists;
· persons employed by temporary employment agency;
· persons temporary not at work if they are in: the continued receipt of wage or salary, an assurance of return to work following the end of the contingency, or an agreement as the date of return.
Self-employed persons are defined as persons who are the sole owners, or joint owners, of the unincorporated enterprises in which they work. Self-employed persons also include the following categories:
· unpaid family workers, incl. those working in unincorporated enterprises engaged wholly or partly in market production;
· outworkers whose income is a function of the value of the outputs from some process of production for which they are responsible.
1995 ? 2013
|Unit of measure|
|Legal acts and other agreements|
REGULATION (EU) No 549/2013 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL
Eurostat program to provide data on national accounts, the IMF, the UN.
|Confidentiality - policy|
· Law on Statistics;
· REGULATION (EC) No 223/2009 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL (recital 24 and Article 20(4)) of 11 March 2009 (OJ L 87, p. 164), stipulates the need to establish common principles and guidelines ensuring the confidentiality of data used for the production of European statistics and the access to those confidential data with due account for technical developments and the requirements of users in a democratic society.
|Confidentiality - data treatment|
The date of publication of statistical information is in the Calendar for the results of statistical surveys of NSI. Statistics published: 9 months after the reporting period.
|Release calendar access|
The calendar is available on the NSI website: http://www.nsi.bg/en/node/480
Data is published on the NSI website, section Macroeconomic statistics - Gross Domestic Product in accordance with the Law on Statistics and the European Statistics Code of Practice respecting the professional independence and aimed at objectivity, transparency and equal treatment of all consumers.
|Frequency of dissemination|
|Accessibility and clarity|
· Statistical Yearbook;
· Statistical Reference book;
· Publication ?Main Macroeconomic Indicators?.
Data are available to all users of the NSI website under the heading Macroeconomic statistics - Gross Domestic Product - Employed persons, hours worked and labour productivity - Annual data - Employed persons- Total of economy: http://www.nsi.bg/en/node/5519
|Documentation on methodology|
European system of accounts (ESA 2010)
· European Statistics Code of Practice;
· Common framework for quality management in the National Statistical System.
Questionnaire on the implementation of the principles of the European Statistics Code of Practice..
|Accuracy and reliability|
|Timeliness and punctuality|
· The annual estimates - the sum of estimates of quarterly data - T +65 days after the reporting period;
· Updated annual data - T +9 months after the reporting period.
|Coherence and comparability|
|Comparability - geographical|
|Comparability - over time|
|Coherence - cross domain|
Additional information on other indicators in national accounts are available in other subject areas related to national accounts.
|Coherence - internal|
|Cost and burden|
|Data revision - policy|
In practice, the system of national accounts, there are two main types of revisions beyond the scope and content of the methods of seasonal adjustment. The first type of audits is ongoing, regular characterized by the presence of new or updated statistical information based on statistical surveys or administrative sources. The second type of revisions is related to a change in the methodology and calculation procedures for specific statistical indicators.
|Data revision - practice|
In line with Eurostat program to provide data on national accounts and the National Statistical Programme of Bulgaria , GDP data are developed in the following intervals :
Labour Force Survey;
|Frequency of data collection|
Implementation of validated procedures for assessing data quality.
Implementation of validated procedures for assessing the quality of data and the development of estimation of the completeness of the data.
GDP - Employed persons and Hours worked - Total of economy - Employed, employees and Self-employed (Annual data)
Download in SDMX file format: Employed persons and Hours worked - Total of economy - Employed, employees and self-employed
Metadata Structure Definition: ESMS_MSD+BNSI+2.0+SDMX.2.0.xml