The Working Group 12 “Statistics” was created according to CM Decree No 85 on organization and coordination of EU issues to the Council for European Affairs.
The National Statistical Institute (NSI) is the leading institution, responsible for applying the European legislation in the field of statistics. Head of the WG 12 ”Statistics” is Mrs. Diana Yancheva, Deputy President of NSI. Members of the WG are not only experts from all Bodies of Statistics, but also experts from a wider circle of institutions and organizations, interested in applying the European statistical legislation.
Main task of the WG is to support NSI in:
- analyzing the EU policies in the field of statistics;
- making proposals for measures and actions for applying the European legislation in the field of statistics;
- preparing drafts of framework positions on issues to be discussed by the European Council, the Council of Europe and its subsidiary bodies and in the process of comitology; writing impact assessment on framework positions, preparing guidelines for implementation of the framework positions;
- discussing drafts of acts for adopting measures on national level, needed for the implementation and application of EU acts and giving opinions on them as well as on the table of compliance;
- making an analysis of the obligations, evolved from the EU membership of the Republic of Bulgaria and preparing printed matter, documents and opinions;
- analyzing and proposing to the Council of European Affairs measures, related to implementation of the priorities and obligations, evolved from the EU membership of the Republic of Bulgaria;
- coordinating the texts of the translated EU acts into Bulgarian;
- making notification of the acts of the Bulgarian legislation, by means of which measures are adopted on national level, needed for the implementation and application of EU acts.